Happy New Year Sharks - Juniors, Womens and 5ths are back in action this week
Last updated: 21 December 2020
To all our Shark families,
Calling all Sharks! Here’s our most recent updates for season 2020/21:
1. COVID-19 information page. With restrictions in place, this season will look a little different. We are following the guidelines from DHHS and Cricket Victoria, and the club has a dedicated COVID-19 page. Please make sure you and your children are familiar with this information so we can all stay safe, especially as we'll be returning to training soon.
2. Training days and times (for the rest of 2020)
There are no further training sessions in 2020 - enjoy the break!
3. Training days and times (restarting in 2021)
- U12 Rookies - RESTARTS Wednesday, 13 January from 5.30pm - 6.30pm
- U12B - RESTARTS Wednesday, 13 January from 5.30pm - 6.30pm
- 13&U - RESTARTS Monday, 18 January from 5pm - 6.30pm
- U14s - RESTARTS Tuesday, 12 January from 4.30pm to 6pm
- U16s - RESTARTS Thursday, 14 January from 4.30pm to 6pm
- 16&U - RESTARTS Mondays, 18 January from 5pm - 6.30pm
4. When do matches restart? Are there cricket matches in the holidays?
Yes, there are junior cricket matches in the holidays. ** Please make sure your team manager knows if you'll be away.**
- U12 Rookies - RESTARTS Saturday, 16 January
- U12B - RESTARTS Saturday, 16 January
- 13&U - RESTARTS Wednesday, 20 January
- U14s - RESTARTS Friday, 15 January
- U16s - RESTARTS Friday, 15 January
- 16&U - RESTARTS Sunday, 31 January (due to bye in previous round)
5. Good For Cricket Raffle
Who doesn’t want to win a new car! With a reduced number of sponsors, this raffle is a really important fundraising drive for the club. For businesses or family members who would have traditionally bought 1 or 2 tickets in the Major Sponsor Raffle, we’d love their support by buying some raffle tickets this year instead. On offer are 3 new cars with a total of 12 great prizes up for grabs. 100% of the ticket sales go back to the club!
Entries close Feb 25th 2021. To buy a ticket click here.
6. New players
This season we’re welcoming some new Sharks – if you know anyone who’s also keen to play they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Junior development programs - Cricket Blast (Junior and Master Blasters)
Our smallest Sharks on the field right now - ages 5 - 10 years. Registrations are open, and we have plenty of sessions to go - for season dates and more information see our Junior Programs page.
Stay safe and hope to see you all soon.
Regards, from your Junior Committee
Ros, Greg, Kathy and Malcolm - email@example.com